Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving in the US. Here in Gisborne, New Zealand, we are having an exceptional heat wave. Yesterday on the Ruakitori it was 92 degrees. That’s crazy hot for November which is springtime in New Zealand. Today it is not quite as hot, more like 88 degrees which is still plenty hot.

I’m on an airplane now flying from Gisborne to Wellington and then on to Christchurch on the South Island. I’m on the leg from Wellington to Christchurch now. I hope the weather is as nice on the South Island as it’s been sunny and gorgeous since I got here. It would be ok if it was not quite as hot though...just a teeny bit. My computer weather bug tells me it’s 3 degrees at home in SW Montana....Yikes!

The flight time from Wellington to Christchurch is only 30 minutes so I’ll be landing there in a jiffy. I’m meeting an old friend of mine from my California days and her husband and we’re heading out for a Friday night on the town. They are new in town in the last month. Susan’s husband is doing his three year doctoral program in Christchurch on plant physiology and he’s doing allot of research over on the west coast where the glaciers are. I’m interested in what exactly he is researching.

So, tonight it’s Christchurch for one night. Tomorrow I’ll go check out some properties here and then head off late morning to Hanmer Springs to another fishing lodge called Riverview Lodge.

I’m sorry I haven’t been able to update my blog for a few days. Motu is very remote and I was not able to use my laptop out there. Same thing goes for where we spent the night in Gisborne last night...dialup only and I couldn’t go on with my computer as I don’t have the program needed to go online. Hopefully I’ll be in good shape tonight at Orari B&B.

More tomorrow.

No comments: