Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Well I'm getting closer. The only screwup so far was forgetting my US cell phone at home on the charger! Not cool! At least I still have my NZ cell phone so I won't be completely lost. I do feel quite naked without it though.....

Everything else has gone pretty smoothly with the exception of a very complete pat down at the Los Angeles International Airport when my new titanium knee set off the alarm. The TSA ran their wand all over me and at least it buzzed at all the right places :-). I'm now a card carrying new owner of a new knee and even though it didn't go off at the airport in Butte, MT, it did in LA. I guess they have their machines set to a more sensitive setting. So now it's a waiting game until my flight to Auckland boards. I just love airports where a 12 oz beer costs you $6.50. I'll go broke fast at that rate.

OK, that's it for now. More once I actually get somewhere worth talking about.

Cheers

No comments: