Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fresh Beginnings



Here it is, the first day of the new year, 2013.  A fresh start, new beginnings.  What will the new year bring?  I see a few changes in my future, beginning with the decision to get out of the chicken bizz.  I enjoy the chickens and of course especially love the fresh eggs, but I've decided it is too much of an inconvenience to have them here on my small property in SW Florida.  It's hard on them in that they can't just free range as they please and hard on me as they require more attention and maintenence since they can't free range.  So, they are off to a nice farm, the real home and beginning for two of them and a new home to the other two.  I'm sure they will all be very happy and perhaps they will allow me some fresh eggs from time to time when I can get out that way.

Aside from that, I've also decided I need to make a concerted effort to get back to Montana in the summers.  I've missed the last two summers and that just can't be allowed to happen again. So, I plan on spending some serious time in Montana this summer and maybe I'll see some of you along the way.  

No comments: