Saturday, November 24, 2007

Christchurch to Riverview Lodge- Hanmer Springs



Today after picking up my rental car and then doing what seemed like massive amounts of computer work, I finally headed out of Christchurch toward Hanmer Springs, a small alpine thermal resort about a 90 minute drive toward the west coast in the Canterbury region of the South Island.

On the way I stopped off at the Pegasus Bay Winery and had lunch with a lovely and very interesting man from Montreal. After a 2 hour lunch, I figured I was now late and hustled my way to the lodge.

Riverview Lodge is just on the way into the town of Hanmer Springs. The setting is majestic with the Southern Alps as a backdrop. We had a nice dinner of wild duck and there is a couple from England staying the night.

Tomorrow will be another fishing day so let's hope I have some photos and something to talk about then.

No comments: