Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Hello New Zealand


After too long a hiatus from my normal annual trips to New Zealand I am finally back in the Land of the Long White Cloud. It's good to be back and this time, since it is autumn I will have a blast photographing wild mushrooms which seem to be everywhere.

I departed Roseburg where Maggie the Wonder dog and Madison her kitty sister are staying with friends on their farm vacation. Meanwhile, up to Eugene and then to Los Angeles and finally on my Air New Zealand flight to Auckland. A rocky nights' sleep and you arrive in Auckland at 5:30 am. After a short shuttle bus over to the domestic airport and another wait, I am on my final flight to Queenstown. On arrival in Queenstown the rental car company is there to meet me and I get my car, sign the papers and I'm off to my accommodation. Trelawn Place is a B&B I've used for years so it was good to see Michael and Nery again.


No comments: